Re: [Gimp-developer] Developers and users (was: Bug week like thing for GIMP?)

Hi,

Lourens Veen <lourens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wednesday 28 November 2001 15:17, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > could you explain how you tried to find out? I can't really imagine what
> > difficulties you had and it would be interesting to know.
>
> I browsed things for a bit, and I think I know the problem I had back then. I
> totally missed the devel-docs directory. *DOH*. I had a look around now (in
> the past 5 minutes, I'm in the middle of exams here) and it's pretty good.
> What I miss though is a rather high-level overview, something along the lines
> of "Gimp consists of libgimp, which contains the drawing functions, gimpui,
> which is the user interface, ..... <insert pretty diagram> These are
> connected by ....". Having all the interface definitions is very good, but I
> think it would be handy if you could read how it's being used rather than how
> to use it.

the devel-docs are meant as an API reference for plug-in developers, so they
don't really help if you want to start hacking the GIMP core. Nevertheless
it would be nice if someone would spend some time polishing the docs.

For gimp-1.3 we plan to add docs for the internal API too.

Salut, Sven