Re: [Gimp-developer] Retouching pictures...

Hello

On Thursday 25 October 2001 17:12, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,

> the file in gimp HEAD to look at is app/tools/gimpclonetool.c. The tools
> in gimp HEAD have already seen some cleanup, so it should be easier to do
> the change there. If you insist on coding on the 1.2 branch, we can of
> course port your changes later. You should know however that we will not
> accept your change for a 1.2 release.

I will cvs (just lazy...)

> > Regarding the second I saw the function "clone_set_src_drawable" on
> > clone.c and in my ignorance I could not tell what to use for the
> > "currently visible image". Can you give me a clue? It would save me the
> > job o reading a few lines of code.
>
> you can get access to the projection of the image by calling
> gimp_image_projection(). It will return a TileManager that you can use to
> access individual tiles of the image projection.

Ok. I think that it is just what I was thinking of.

After looking at the code I (supposing that app/tools/gimpclonetool.c is not
so different from app/clone.c) my question is:

- Should the definition of the source layer be made from the clone or from
the layer dialog?

Is seems easier to insert, within the layer dialog, a radio button that
selects which layer is used as the source. This may be a bad idea as I am
making a more global change.

Using the clone dialog will imply that a "complicated" dialog, nearly
replicating the layer dialog, needs to be built for the clone tool.

On the other hand, using the first alternative, the choice of the source may
be used for other tools (e.g. to cut and paste from layer A to layer B, we
work on layer B, setting the source on layer A and it would not be necessary
to switch layers).

Sounds reasonable?

Regards

Ze Paulo