Re: [Gimp-developer] Film grain: "Grey" addition and subtraction modes

Hi,

Daniel Egger <degger@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Originally I was about to rewrite most of the paint-funcs
> though I have now 2 problems which makes it more likely
> that I'll revert my old work and start with something completely
> different:
> - Reiserfs crashed on my development partition and took all the
>   changes I had made to it which are not in CVS with it; this
>   are roughly 40h work (coding + analysis). :( Though the code
>   was certainly not ready for checkin it is really a big step
>   away from what we have now.

I have always encouraged you (and others) to check your work into CVS
early and often. This is the second time something like this has
happened to Gimp work and it is absolutely unnecessary.

> - I have a much better idea now which is probably easier to implement
>   and avoids codeduplication to a large degree and thus is less
> errorprone.
>
> If it is okay with everyone I'll scratch the new files I created in CVS
> and start from the ground up. Sven, Mitch?

of course. How could we object? I'm cursious however how your new
concept looks like and why it needs a different file structure.

Salut, Sven