Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp HEAD and GTK 2.0

Hi,

Marco Lamberto <lm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 27 Aug 2001, Michael Natterer wrote:
> >all the plug-ins you mention are currently excluded from CVS HEAD build
> >because we didn't get around fixing them (mostly GtkText -> GtkTextView
> >migration needed). Seems you have old 1.2 plug-in binaries hanging around
> >which badly crash...
>
> I'm working on GDynText 2.0, the plug-in core is nearly complete, actually I'm
> updating the user interface. When will GIMP use GTK+ 2.0 (that is still beta)?
> I wish to rewrite or change less code as possible in the near future!!
> Will the HEAD branch be GIMP 1.4?

the HEAD branch will become GIMP-1.4 and it is already using the GTK+-2.0
API. I am right now in progress of rewriting the Gimp Text Tool and it is
supposed to have all the features of GDynText and more, so I don't see the
need for a Text plug-in. We should instead coordinate our work to make
the text tool as good as possible.

Salut, Sven