Re: [Gimp-developer] Bucket fill, Fill with foreground and gradient

Hi,

"Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The Magic Wand is not the only way to make a selection. I agree it
> sounds logical that one would want to stroke or fill a wand selection
> completely, but I can think of uses for a threshold fill with a
> rectangular or elliptical selection.

you can intersect a magic wand selection with an existing selection
by pressing Ctrl-Shift.

> BTW, I checked out how my GIMP (Win32) deals with changing the
> content of dialogs: when having two image windows open plus the
> layers dialog ("Layers, Channels & Paths"), and then switch between
> image windows, the contents of the latter does not change until I
> click in the new image window. Would it be possible to make it so
> that the contents of such dialogs change when you only activate the
> new image window? Or is this just a Windows GTK+ thing?

The active image is only switched if you perform an action in the
image. Pressing Space counts as an action here. This behaviour is
intentional and was discussed here before.

Salut, Sven