Re: [Gimp-developer] Perl server problem

Hi,

Marc Lehmann <pcg@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's simple: i had(!) a script which loaded and analyzed thousands of
> (checked) jpegs and (unchecked) gifs. Broken gifs tend to hurt gimp badly,
> with effects ranging from gimp filling all virtual memory to segfaulting
> (and yes, sometimes cycling in the signal-catching code which, AFAIR, we
> agreed to disable in 1.2).

you are aware that there's a command-line option to control the stack-trace
behaviour?

I'd like to see your script or at least have a description of what it did
so we can try to debug the behaviour you are describing. Using memprof it
should be possible to find your leaks.

Salut, Sven