Re: [Gimp-developer] Bucket fill, Fill with foreground and gradient

> If you guys decide to program a Bucket Fill
> function that
> always fills the whole selection, then the interface
> should mirror
> this: once a user has made a selection and then
> doubleclicks on the
> Bucket Fill icon to conjure up the Bucket Fill
> dialog, the threshold
> should be put to maximum (255) and grayed out.

Thats only accurate for the one image though :(

> I consider it to be a bug that there is a
> discrepancy between what
> the program interface (in the shape of the Bucket
> Fill dialog) tells
> me and what the program actually does.

In a case for more than one mode of image and only one
tool, this will unfortunately always be the case.

> Second, I feel that (in the light of User Interface
> rule #1 that says

Rules were made to be broken.  Users often don't know
whats best - they just know if something is easy to
use.  It takes lots of thought and planning to make
that happen.  We shouldn't be afraid of offending
users by making changes - just be sure we're moving in
the right direction.

Seth