Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: web site

Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I am sorry, no. I do not have enough time for that right now. I am
> > willing to help out, but not in such an important way. When I
> > volunteered, I was thinking more along the lines of helping to make
> > sure the site is up-to-date, i.e. that it mentions the most recent
> > GIMP releases, does not run a 'montly competition' of which the last
> > installment was in 1999, et cetera.

I think this is desperately needed. At least until someone has come up
with a working new system, we should fix the worst stuff on the old site

> As you may imagine, not much maintainance takes place at the moment and
> I guess we could need some help here. I hope your help will be appreciated
> (/me kicking webmasters@xxxxxxxx).
>
> Updating the current website will certainly help a new website design
> too since it will most probably base its content on the old site.

Unfortunately the web site is held together with some propietary
strange brew of elisp code and templates some strange guy once
invented (upps, I just remember, that was me....).

This is for sure part of the problem someone has who just wants to
update some parts of the site.

While I can't spend a lot of time currently on this stuff, I am
willing to help with any problems that may arise.

        jtl