Re: [Gimp-developer] Gallery maker ...

On 18 May 2001, at 14:00, Raphael Quinet wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Fabian Frédérick <fabian.frederick@xxxxxx> wrote:

[new script]
> > Can somebody tell me who to contact in order to put it in Gimp
> > distribution ?
>
> You have done it already by posting your message to this list...
>
> Since your plug-in is a Perl script, Marc should probably be the
> one who decides if your script is worth including in the next
> release or not.  Most Perl-Fu contributors are on this list, so
> they have probably read your message.

On a related note: recently, a web designer asked in a Usenet news
group (nl.internet.www.ontwerp) how to achieve a certain effect with
the GIMP. I added a couple of lines of code to an existing script to
help him.

My question is: when is a reworking of a script good enough to be
included in the distribution? Is there some kind of policy for this?
As I understand, script-fu is also there so that anybody can write up
their own scripts for their own purposes. Should I send the changed
script to the original author with an explanation of what the changes
are for?

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx