Re: [Gimp-developer] The clipboard selection in thegimp

At 18:03 02.05.01 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
>On 2001.05.02 16:30:24 +0200 Sven Neumann wrote:
>
>> > I am trying to get the copied selection in thegimp
> [...]
>
>> There's no way for you to get the contents of gimps
>> internal buffer thru X since it is not broadcasted.
>
>I am not a plugin developper, but would it be possible
>to write a plugin or- a module for thegimp that passes
>or sets the data of the internal gimp-buffer available
>to other applications ?
There is a win32 version of your plug-in available in
gimp cvs (plug-ins/common/winclipboard.c). The Gimp
plug-in part isn't really complex but I never managed
to create floating selections with the pdb interface.

Fell free to rip of the win32 specific stuff for creating
xclipboard.c

>Or should I not even think about trying to write something
>like that? Or is it way to difficult anyway.. ? Or maybe
>other suggestions ?

If you ever developed in C and know how to use X Clipboard API -
if there is one - it should be rather straightforward.

Have Fun,
	Hans