Re: [Gimp-developer] The clipboard selection in thegimp

Hi,

Philip Van Hoof <freax@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am trying to get the copied selection in thegimp
> (Select a region of an image loaded in thegimp and
> then press ctl+c) in my gtk application. I already
> know how to get for example the selection if this
> is TEXT in another X or Gtk application ..

Gimp does not use the X clipboard at all. Since we use
GTK+, the clipboard is used for texts, but as far as I
know, no other data types go through the clipboard.

> Is this similar for getting the data which thegimp will
> 'broadcast' to the other X applications ?

There's no way for you to get the contents of gimps
internal buffer thru X since it is not broadcasted.

Salut, Sven