Re: [Gimp-developer] Bugs 52383 and 52385

Hi,

Mike Kelly <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> A month ago I submitted two bug reports using Bugzilla.  To date, they
> remain in the "UNCONFIRMED" state.  I've already patched my version of GIMP
> as per bug 52383, so this doesn't really bother me except that it seems to
> me that others might benefit from it.  Have I reported the bug using the
> incorrect method?  Are you folks swamped with work?  What can I do to
> expedite this process?

Exactly what you did now: write to the mailing list. While the new
bug-tracking system is nice in lots of ways, it has one major flaw:
it does not seem to send mails to the bugs-list. Since people are not
eager to check the bugtracker regularily its most likely bugreports
are not noticed at all.

> Here are the descriptions of my pending bugs:
>
> -------- Bugzilla Bug #52383 --------
> Enter this into the script-fu Console:
> (unbreakupstr (strbreakup ":hi:there:" ":") ":")
>
> The result will be ":hi:there", note the lack of the trailing ':'.
> After a little inspection, you will see that it is, in fact, "strbreakup"
> which is not producing an empty string at the end of the list it produces.
>
> This seems to be a think-o, applying this two line patch fixes the problem:
> diff plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c.orig
> 1617c1617
> <   end = start = get_c_string (str);
> ---
> >   start = get_c_string (str);
> 1620c1620
> <   while (*end)
> ---
> >   while (*start)
>
> NOTE: Some scripts may count on this bug's presence, fixing it might break
> these scripts.

Please use diff -u to create unified diffs. In this case, this does not
matter much, but for larger patches, a unified diff is the prefered format.

> BUGS: This doesn't change the behavior of (strbreakup "foo" "").
> -------------------------------------
>
> -------- Bugzilla Bug #52385 --------
> What is the propper behavior of (strbreakup "foo" "")?
>
> Chances are, "ERROR: ran out of storage" isn't it.
>
> I'd suggest tossing in a simple:
> if (*marker)
> {
> }
> around the while loop, near line 1620 of plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c,
> but I'm not sure what kind of error object you'd want to return for that.

OK, I'll look into these bugs and will most likely apply the fixes you
suggested.

Salut, Sven