Re: [Gimp-developer] couple possible TODO items

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:00:49PM -0500, Zachary Beane wrote:
> I have a couple things in my wishlist that I'd like to add to
> TODO.xml.
>
> - Biased color reduction
>
>   This is a feature I saw in photoshop. When reducing the colors of an
>   image, it will try to preserve colors within the active selection
>   more than it tries to preserve those outside of it. For example, if
>   you want to keep skin tones in an image, but want to otherwise
>   reduce the overall number of colors, you would select a few
>   representative areas of skin before doing the reduction.

To reply to myself on this...

Personally, I can't count the number of times I've converted an image
to Indexed only to find the black had gone suddenly slightly
off-black, or another solid color that I really needed at a particular
value had suddenly shifted slightly. I'd love to be able to select
those colors before conversion to hint to the Indexed conversion,
"these exact values are important to me."

Zach
--
xach@xxxxxxxx     Zachary Beane     http://www.xach.com/