Re: new plugin

Hi,

david rohde <s371117@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am currently writing a new plugin, which I hope if there is intrest in it
> could be included in to standard gimp distributions.  I understand that the
> gimp is frozen at the moment, but if anyone could tell me the process
> required for a new plugin to be considered for the gimp.  Should I have
> users before I ask you guys to look at it.

It's definitely too late to get it included into gimp-1.2. We can consider
it for the 1.3.x development series, but I think we should think about a
new system to distribute plug-ins anyway. Including more and more plug-ins
with the standard gimp distribution does not make much sense and slows down
development considerably. I'll come back to this issue in the "Future of
The GIMP" document I'm preparing with Mitch right now.

Salut, Sven