Re: Trouble with gimp_text_get_extents_fontname and gimp_text_fontname

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:12:28AM +1100, Darren R. C. KELLY wrote:
> [using gimp-1.0.4-3 ]

Yow! Old!

I'm also having trouble with gimp-perl and text; I am trying to render
text through freetype or gdyntext and they keep segfaulting. I have
tracked the segfault down to this line in gimp-freetype: (line 187)
          strncpy (vals.font_file,   param[4].data.d_string, BUF_SIZE);
This is a safe operation because vals.font_file is allocated as a
char[BUF_SIZE]. Also, if I replace this line with something that prints
out param[4].data.d_string, it segfaults there. Obviously there is
something wrong with the params being passed in, but I can't figure
out where.

It seems fine under script-fu, and the code for gimp-freetype looks
pretty clean, so I suspect a problem in the PDB/Gimp-Perl interface.

Anyways I've attached a short script which demonstrates the failure
so if anyone has any insight into it I'd like to hear it.

Cheers,

Tom

--
--   Tom Rathborne     tomr@xxxxxxxxxxxx     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/
--  "It's Like A Warzone, Deep Inside Of Me / When My Mind Becomes My Enemy"