Re: Suggestion to toolbar buttons placement

<snip>

> > The Info dialog is indeed a start.  I would like it to display selection
> > information and before/after color info.
> >
> > Another screenshot will help show the before/after concept:
> > http://www.obscurasite.com/images/screengrabs/before-after.jpg
> >
> > With the cuves tool open I have made some adjustments.  Now I can mouse
> > around the image and see exactly how things have changed.  The number to
> > the left of the / is before and to the right is after.
> >
> > For precise color work this is important.  It will allow you to check
> > things without relying on your often poorly calibrated monitor.
>
> The info window has a second notebook tab that does just this ("Extended").
> It displays color information, and it updates even with the curves dialog
> open.

The "Extended" tab is not extending nearly enough information.  More
advanced users are going to want the kind of info illustrated in the
screenshot above.

It has been stated many times here on gimp-devel that the Gimp is going to
be _better_ than photoshop.  This is one area where we need improvement.

> Btw, you can also click on the image with curves dialog open, and it will
> draw a line to the curves dialog in the spot where the current pixel falls
> in. Handy for visualizing what part of the curve to manipulate.

Yes, that is handy but I still want the before/after style info window.

Thanks!
--
Jon Winters http://www.obscurasite.com/

   "Everybody loves the GIMP!"