Re: Suggestion to toolbar buttons placement

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 06:24:28PM -0500, thus said Jon Winters:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
>
> > Have you ever tried hitting Ctrl+Shift+i? Maybe that is what you want
> > (1.1.26 at least). Well, that plus extra functions (selection size).
>
> Question:  Why is that dialog missing from the Image > Dialogs menu?

It is not missing, it is just under Image->View->Window Info.

> The Info dialog is indeed a start.  I would like it to display selection
> information and before/after color info.
>
> Another screenshot will help show the before/after concept:
> http://www.obscurasite.com/images/screengrabs/before-after.jpg
>
> With the cuves tool open I have made some adjustments.  Now I can mouse
> around the image and see exactly how things have changed.  The number to
> the left of the / is before and to the right is after.
>
> For precise color work this is important.  It will allow you to check
> things without relying on your often poorly calibrated monitor.

The info window has a second notebook tab that does just this ("Extended").
It displays color information, and it updates even with the curves dialog
open.

Btw, you can also click on the image with curves dialog open, and it will
draw a line to the curves dialog in the spot where the current pixel falls
in. Handy for visualizing what part of the curve to manipulate.

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     .    |\,/|          tigert@xxxxxxxx  <-----.
+---->  www.helixcode.com      -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+