Re: [gimp-devel] Gimptool in Gimp 1.0.4

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 03:42:35PM +0200, Simon Budig <Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't think so: You don't need header files to add a plug-in. You only
> > need gimptool. The header files are only required when compiling a plug-in
> > from source.
>
> So you can obtain precompiled plugins from the registry?

Even you could!

> plugins from c-source, so technically speaking it *has* a dependency
> on gimp-devel and it is perfectly reasonable to put it in gimp-devel.

This is (however) just a technical problem with the rpm format that
might get solved in the future. Debian packages for example need no such
dependency.

However, one could argue that your logic also implies that gimp has a
dependency on gimp-devel (both gimptool and gimp requite gimp-devel to be
used to its full potential).

;*)

PS: did you get the cd already?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|