Re: [gimp-devel] Gimptool in Gimp 1.0.4

Marc Lehmann (pcg@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 02:26:49PM +0200, Simon Budig <Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Argh - OK. I forgot the Script-fu scripts. But adding plugins is
> > impossible w/o gimp-devel, because the libgimp header files are
> > unavailable.
>
> I don't think so: You don't need header files to add a plug-in. You only
> need gimptool. The header files are only required when compiling a plug-in
> from source.

So you can obtain precompiled plugins from the registry?

Anyway. I am not really happy about the descision to put gimptool
in the gimp-devel package. But it will fail to work for installing
plugins from c-source, so technically speaking it *has* a dependency
on gimp-devel and it is perfectly reasonable to put it in gimp-devel.

Bye,
        Simon

--
      Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/