Re: Webmaster for www.gimp.org

Does anyone have any interest in a GimpWiki? It seems like a good model
for a collaborative documentation site. I think a project like gimp.org is
to large for one volunteer.

Check out the following examples of Wiki's in support of development
projects:

Tcl'ers Wiki:    http://mini.net/cgi-bin/wikit/
Squeak Wiki:     http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SqueakSmalltalk
What's a Wiki?   http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb

--Shawn

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Adrian Likins wrote:

> 	okay, as you have probabaly noticed. www.gimp.org is old
> and and outdated. That is pretty much completely my fault.
>
> 	I really dont have the time or the motivation to work
> on web site stuff anymore, or at least not to the level that
> something like gimp should have as its web site.
>
> 	So, if there is anyone interested in taking over the
> web site, revamping the content, maintaining the info, etc,etc,
> please email webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
>
> 	The current machine is probabaly underpowered for doing
> much php/mod_perl/ssi/database/etc, etc based stuff, but it's
> theorectially moving to a faster machine that might be able to
> handle it.
>

> Adrian

    S h a w n  W a l l a c e
    AS220, Providence RI USA