Re: Suggestion: disabling Perl-Fu installation if Gtk-Perl is not present

Hi,

> Why can't those scripts just _not_register_themselves_ if the required
> modules are not available? gimpmagick does this and the only problem
> is that it has to be re-probed every time the GIMP starts. The only
> reason I can think of to not install these scripts is to avoid the
> delay at startup.

The delay at startup for probing the scripts would IMHO be very annoying.
I don't see why people wouldn't prefer to reinstall the perl parts after
they installed missing packages. That's how it works for all other plug-ins
(jpeg, tiff, ...).

Salut, Sven