Re: mail to list not sender

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 02:27:50PM +0100, Uwe Koloska spake unto the masses:
I've known other lists that mask all mail to and from as the list and I honestly didn't like that too much. I wonder if kmail (that's your mail client right?) has a feature like mutt (the mail client I use) does. With mutt you can reply to a list serv and it will automatically change the " To:" feild to the address you setup as the destination for that mailing list. If anything you could look into running mutt until the listserv changes otherwise.

Not the answer you were looking for but at least it's a viable solution ;)

Or you could setup procmail on your machine to rewrite the "From:" or "Reply to:" headers for any mail sent to the gimp list as showing From/reply to as the listserv.

--
John E. Vincent
http://www.lusis.org - opensource(libre) webhosting