Re: Patch for print 3.0.6

   cc: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   From: Sven Neumann <neumanns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:24:46 +0100

   > I'm having to release a Print 3.0.6 due to a fairly serious bug found
   > by Panos Katsaloulis.  The specific bug is that monochrome printing in
   > grayscale does not work properly.  The patch is enclosed below.

   I have applied your patch. Additionally I have changed the code so that
   the "File" pseudoprinter is initialized which makes printing to a file
   possible again. Sorry for fiddling with "your" code, but you did not seem
   interested in fixing this after it was reported several times.

What was this?  I wasn't aware that File didn't work.  Most likely I
missed something somewhere...

   BTW, is there any interest from your side to implement the usage of
   the image resolution? It's a shame (if not a bug) that the Print plug-in
   ignores the resolution info.

That's a useful suggestion, although it won't make 3.0.  I envision it
as something like a third radio button for the Scaling option which
would be something like "[Print at] Natural Resolution".  Actually,
we're redesigning the GUI, so this is very timely.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net