Re: Print plug-in

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:19:03 +0100, Torsten Rahn <supas121@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> GNOME claims GIMP as part of GNOME because GIMP is better than any of
> the existing GNOME apps.  They're trying to piggyback on our success.
> Personally, I think this is odious, but hey...

GNOME claims GIMP as a part of GNOME because it really *should be*.  As
desktop agnostic as GIMP pretends to be, it requires all the same things
the GNOME requires, and can't be configured through any of the standard
mechanisms for those things (the GNOME people were gracious enough to make
GTK themes in such a way that they apply to GIMP, but they can't do much
other than that -- dialogs and buttons in GIMP will never look quite
'right' on any desktop.)

GIMP, after all, spawned GNOME -- if it weren't for GTK, GNOME probably
never would have been started in the first place.  GNOME extended the
rather clean and well-designed UI of the gimp into an entire desktop
environment.

I'm sure that many folks at Adobe think that what you're doing is 'odious'
too -- just 'piggybacking' on photoshop.  Let's keep in mind what side of
these lines we're on.