Re: Print plug-in

Kelly Lynn Martin <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:19:03 +0100, Torsten Rahn <supas121@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> >Of course I read on the
> >Gnome-Office-site that Gimp would be part of Gnome-Office. Well I was
> >quite surprised to read that as I didn't see any discussions about
> >this topic here.
>
> GNOME claims GIMP as part of GNOME because GIMP is better than any of
> the existing GNOME apps.  They're trying to piggyback on our success.
> Personally, I think this is odious, but hey...

OK, calm down please... this is really getting childish.  We all know
that gimp is a nice program, but if anyone cares to look into the
framework gnome is building he/she will eventually see that there are
very clever things being done.

Gnome IMHO does the right thing: first build the good foundation and
then the apps which use all this stuff.

        jtl