Re: Print plug-in

Hi,

>    IMHO having two different UIs to perform the same task is a stupid idea.
>    Why would people using KDE as their Desktop environment want their own
>    GIMP as long as the one GIMP works well for them? It might be a good idea
>    however to build different apps on the gimp-core. A small icon-editor, an
>    animation-studio, ...
>
> Actually, it's an eminently sensible idea.  For KDE, having an image
> editing program that follows the KDE UI guidelines and all the other
> good stuff would be completely logical, especially since they wouldn't
> have to maintain the core, just the UI.
>
> The basic idea here is consistency.  Look at it from the standpoint of
> someone just coming over from Windows: why should the Gimp work
> differently from all of their other KDE apps, which work consistently?

Do they? Oh, I didn't notice that...

Well, if the KDE folks feel its worth to have a KIMP, they can of course
code one. However I think it would be a waste of time and effort. People
will want to have one common GIMP UI. If there's something we can do to
integrate GIMP better with KDE, I'd love to hear about it.

Salut, Sven