Re: Print plug-in

   From: Sven Neumann <neumanns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:45:22 +0100

   IMHO having two different UIs to perform the same task is a stupid idea.
   Why would people using KDE as their Desktop environment want their own
   GIMP as long as the one GIMP works well for them? It might be a good idea
   however to build different apps on the gimp-core. A small icon-editor, an
   animation-studio, ...

Actually, it's an eminently sensible idea.  For KDE, having an image
editing program that follows the KDE UI guidelines and all the other
good stuff would be completely logical, especially since they wouldn't
have to maintain the core, just the UI.

The basic idea here is consistency.  Look at it from the standpoint of
someone just coming over from Windows: why should the Gimp work
differently from all of their other KDE apps, which work consistently?

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net