Re: Speaking of additional plug-ins

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:31:52 +0000, "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>Better yet, a GIMP interface. If we are to change the entire plug-in
>architecture anyway, we should make a single way of compiling and installing
>them.

I've thought about this somewhat.  I had a vague idea in mind for how
to redo the UI for 1.4/2.0, which included a considerably different
way of handling plugins.  Plugins would be installed w/i the Gimp
interactively (a noninteractive installation procedure would be
offered for system administrators) with the user being asked where to
install the plugin in the menu tree and so forth.  I've never gotten
back to it, though.

Kelly