Re: [gimp-devel] Re: End-user feedback: Perl logulator & innerbevel

> If re-reporting the bug is so painful that you can't do it

It is so painful because I re-reported it at least three times (so many
mails are in my saent-folder, but I know I sent more that got lost during
a crash).

> They are not SO critical that I have been unable to use script-fu

They are ciritcal enough that some plug-ins (like the logulator) never
worked because of it.

Could you provide the subject line of any one of the messages when you reported the problems with script-fu which you say have not been fixed and/or a date when one of the messages was posted to the list?

I am searching the mailing list archives but there are so many messages I haven't found it yet. Using "script-fu" as a search criteria only 206 messages were found. I haven't found one yet which seems to mention script-fu problems in the subject line.

I did find the following message from around May of 1999:

1. Gimp segfaults on the first PDB call to gimp_paintbrush.

   The reason is that the pointer "paintbrush_options" (app/paintbrush.c) is
   NULL as it isn't initialized automatically.

   I haven't checked but if other tools use a similar technique these also
   won't work. (I also haven't checked wether this depends on the global
   paint options setting).

2. Also, could somebody tell me how I can set the tool options? I seem unable to
use gradients from my scripts.

3. How do I use the ink tool? There seems to be now way of using it from
   scripts.

4. --with-mp=yes slows down the paintbrush tool by approximately 5791%, if
   not more. (seriously, drawing a line takes 5 seconds instead of 0.2), this
   was tested with the Circle (01) brush. The same is true for the pencil
   tool but NOT for the ink tool, which is still fast.

I don't the above is script-fu related as such. This is all I was able to find so far.

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
or:ve3syb at rac.ca |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na| Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> | -Pinkutus & the Borg