Re: Speaking of additional plug-ins

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 04:00:23PM -0600, Dean Johnson <dtj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Failing that, I will set up a gimp server on a local machine (in germany),
> > but I can't promose that (I iwll need to find a free disk, but maybe in
> > one or two weeks I can spare 2GB for it).
> >

> This has SourceForge written all over it! Its easy an convenient to start
> projects and manage stuff. I heartily endorse it!

Hmm... sounds sensible. Unless somebody comes up with something better
I'll start it in a week or so.

My idea is to copy the full cvs tree of gimp to (lets call it gimpforge)
and give any intersted plug-in author write access.

Updates from the gimp-cvs-tree/{libgimp,app,tools...} to gimpforge should
be automatic and regular, while updates in the other direction should be
enabled for specific files (plug-ins/common/snoise.c) or subdirectories
(e.g. plug-ins/perl).

That will effectively implement some kind of access-model, and it will
(hopefully) make it possible to *select* a fileset for distribution.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|