[patch] escaping double quotes in SF_STRING values

Tamito KAJIYAMA writes:
 > I've just installed 1.1.15 and found a bug (IMO) that Script-Fu
 > failed if a string containing double quotes was given as an
 > argument of the SF_STRING type.  Attached is a quick and dirty
 > patch for fixing that bug.

This patch is unnecessary when using GLib 1.3 or later, as the whole
point of g_strescape() (which is what the ESCAPE macro in the source
calls) is to escape chars that are risky in a C (or script-fu) string,
like double quotes or nonprinting characters.

Unfortunately g_strescape as implemented in GLib 1.2 escapes only
backslashes... (because or my shortsightedness, I confess), not double
quotes (or nonprinting characters). However, the code in the GIMP that
uses g_strescape() gets unnecessary complex if we start taking that
into consideration.

Wouldn't it be far simpler to release a newer version of GLib 1.2,
with g_strescape() having the same calling convention as before (the
prototype was changed in GLib 1.3 (partial sigh)), but with a wider
range of characters handled, and then require this GLib version
(1.2.7?) for the development GIMP?

--tml