2 mini-suggestions

First of all, thanks to everyone responsible for really tidying up the
UI over the last couple of releases. It looks much better now!

There are just two tiny points that still bother me:

1. The submenus in the Colors and Render filter menus make it difficult
to select some of the most useful filters (Solid Noise) as well as some
of the funkiest (Sample Colorize). The problem mainly lies with the
many random filters filling up the rest of the Colors and Render menus.
How about adding Miscellaneous submenus to put these in? This would
also have the effect of placing all the filters at the same 'level'.

2. The "Round Rectangular Selection" plugin is, in my opinion, both
over-specific in nature (it only copes with rectangles) and has too
long a name (which makes the Select menu appear very wide). How about
replacing it with a blur/levels hack like the one below? It works well
for me.

Just my £0.02. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Yours,

Uri Zarfaty

------------

roundsel.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Use gaussian blur and levels to round selection corners

use Gimp qw(:auto __ N_);
use Gimp::Fu;
use Gimp::Util;

# Gimp::set_trace(TRACE_ALL);

register "round_sel",
         "Rounds a selection.",
         "Rounds a selection.",
         "Uri Zarfaty",
         "Uri Zarfaty <udz20\@cam.ac.uk>",
         "1999-03-25",
         N_"<Image>/Select/Round...",
         "*",
         [
           [PF_SPINNER, "roundness", "How much to round, in pixels",
16, [1,1000,1]],
	   ], sub {
    my($img,$drawable,$round) =@_;

    eval { $img->undo_push_group_start };

    my $channel = gimp_selection_save($img);
    gimp_selection_none($img);
    plug_in_gauss_iir($img, $channel, $round, 1, 1);
    gimp_levels($channel, 0, 123, 133, 1.0, 0, 255);
    gimp_selection_load($channel);
    gimp_image_remove_channel($img, $channel);
    # gimp_channel_delete($channel);

    eval { $img->undo_push_group_end };

    return();
};