Re: Print 3.0.3.1

Experimental release 3.0.3.1 is now on my web site.

My printer currently has a partially clogged magenta head that I have
not yet been able to clear, so colors don't print true (this is why
the "experimental").  Nonetheless, I have been able to make some
improvements:

1) Dark midtones should print smoother.

2) Performance improvements.

3) Minor bug fix in PostScript printing, from Salvador Pinto Abreu.

4) Support for softweave for more Epson printers (VERY EXPERIMENTAL --
   I cannot test this to any significant degree, although I do have
   unit tests for the weave code!).  Also, some code restructuring to
   generalize the softweaving, at least within the Epson code.

I've received requests for support for the 440/640/740 printers.  They
don't look too hard (they appear on first reading to be fairly generic
printers), but I don't have this equipment available...

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton