Re: [gimp-devel] Re: Feature wanted

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 04:47:13PM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >I dislike it because it does not say how this is accomplished. Do I have a
> >toggle for each tool, for each image, or?
>
> Please read my other mail too. It works like this:
>
> You have the current tool, as you have now in your GIMP. Set it to "pencil".
> Select an image. Open the image menu. Select "set active tool" entry. Now
> the current tool "pencil" is set as the active tool for this image, and only
> for this image. Next time you select this particular image, the tool is
> changed to "pencil" automatically.
>
> To remove the active tool setting, select the image and select "remove
> active tool" menuentry. The active tool of that particular image is
> removed, and the current tool is used for that image at next time.

what then if you need to use the one other tool nstead of the pencil just
_for one second_ ? Then you need to change the active tool again and
you lose the whole point for this. I am just happy with pressing "P" for
pencil and "K" for inK tool for example. I really think this is gonna be
even more confusing - especially for new users. This is just what the key
shortcuts are for.

Greetoz

Tig
--