Re: image map trashes image

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 01:18:17PM +0100, Michael Natterer <mitschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Image map modifies the image in place and it's possible to do another
> operation while an image map tool dialog (e.g. threshold) is active.

In current gimp you will notice lot's of bnad things happening when more then
one oepration (regardless of which) is being done at the same time. It gets
much worse when you do it on the same image.

> This is buggy, but I have no idea how to fix it (HALT-ing the active
> tool at hundreds of places may be a workaround but is really ugly...)

And would not fix the problem for non-tools.

> any ideas??

Add some dependency checking, some locking mechanism, some queueing
mechanism and a tree undo in gimp-1.3 ;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|