Re: Help System

>>Why not allow the user to choose his/her browser of choice ?
>>With Netscape, Mozilla, the Gnome Help Browser, kfm, or even
>>Lynx in an xterm as possible choices, I don't see any problem with this...
>
>So Gimp help should be a set of HTML files and a small exec to launch the
>preferred browser (calling process already running if needed, a la moz
remote).

>GSR

You beat me to it. I was about to suggest that the simplest solution is to
create simple HTML files for use as help and let the user use whatever
browser they prefer to use in order to view the help files. This is
essentially what is done in a Windows based HTML editor known as
Dreamweaver (as if you really care what a Windows program does  :-).

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
      or:ve3syb at rac.ca          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg