Re: Help System

>> > The GIMP should really use the GNOME help browser instead of
>> > reinventing the wheel.
>> Will it be possible to get just the wheel without the rest of the car?
>Maybe I'm not the right person to say this, but WTF...
>What is the matter with the GIMP developers ? What is this adversion to
>GNOME ?

I am feed up of having to install full packages just to get one thing. With
some distros, this becomes even worse. And as I, there must be more people.

>Why not allow the user to choose his/her browser of choice ?
>With Netscape, Mozilla, the Gnome Help Browser, kfm, or even
>Lynx in an xterm as possible choices, I don't see any problem with this...

Now that are wise words: the user decides which browser. Lot of adventages,
and I do not see any disadventage (no HTML custom tricks? all HTML docs
should be "any browser", even if the browser is one with speaker for blind
people).

So Gimp help should be a set of HTML files and a small exec to launch the
preferred browser (calling process already running if needed, a la moz remote).

GSR