Rendering text with gimp_perl and gimp_text

Hi,

I use gimp 1.1.7 and gimp_perl to render graphics for websites.
Everything works as expected and is blazingly fast.

When I use gimp_text I noticed that the height of two different text
layers is not same even if I used the same font-specs. The height
seems to depend on what letters I use. This is rather annoying.
This means that I cannot position two different text on the same
position in the image/layer, because layer moving is using the lefttop
as an origin.

Is there a quick fix to this problem? Preferably something which
resizes the textlayers of the same fontspec to the same height,
ignoring the actual height of the letters?

TIA

Martin

--
http://www.dmcs.de/    mailto:mtvb@xxxxxxx       Tel: 07 21/9 20 60-42
digital marketing concepts & services GmbH       Fax: 07 21/9 20 60-30

martin:x:518:112:Martin Treusch von Buttlar:/home/martin:/usr/bin/perl