Re: Check out a new gimp-perl plugin: linoleum.pl

Wow!

Very nifty plugin.  If you want to give it a more lineoleum-ish look, you
can grab the border with select by color, make it black if not already,
put that over a white bg, and merge those 2.  Then gaussian blur with 5 on
that layer, and do a bumpmap on the Lineoleum layer with the blurred
layer, default parameters.  Tiling is only minutely affected..

http://www.gimp.org/~sjburges/lineoleum.png

But don't change the current behavior!  Such simple patterns would be nice
if I can convince it to do light pastels for a web page :)

I looked at the code briefly, and was a bit scared :)  I haven't learned
the fun object stuff enough in perl to really get whats going on, but I'll
see if I can't figure it out anyway.

Seth

P.S. If you like I can toss your plugin up on my gimp-perl page with a
little screenshot. I also noticed a few more at the registry too, have to
check those out.