<snip...>

1) When saving a selection to channel <Image>/Select/Save to Channel
   it is no longer possible to change the channel masks name by double
   clicking on it in the channels dialog.

Zounds! Appears to be another case of  #2384: [gimp-bug] Doubleclicking on selection masks/quickmasks doesn't work.
2) When a new channel mask is created (by clicking on the new channel
   icon in the button bar) it is possible to name the mask but later
   after the mask has been created it is no longer possible to rename it.
#2384, for sure... In fact, I think I know how to fix this bugger...
3) Making more than a couple screen shots tends to crash the GIMP with
   a message such as:

   lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/screenshot: Segmentation fault caught
   lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/screenshot (pid:742): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack trace or [P]roceed:

   However, typing "p" followed by "fg" and perhaps "p" again brings
   the GIMP back to life again.

Zowee! That one sounds  like it might be related to   #2291: deleting image during save crashes gimp
Hope this is useful.
It is!

Now, I'd like to take this moment, and maybe the next two or three, to shamelessly
plug (ahem) the Gnome Bug Reporting System that has been set up for The Gimp.
 http://bugs.gnome.org/db/pa/lgimp.html  takes you there.

It's where I go when I'm sick and tired of my own bugs and I want to fix somebody else's
for a change. Look things up in the mailing list? Not for me! The Gnome Bug Reporting
System is fast, easy, and slick, and it keeps everybody (middlin') honest and organized.

Seth Burgess sez,
     "... the easy way to submit bug reports is through Xach's form at
      http://www.xach.com/gimp/news/bugreport.html!"

and I couldn't agree more, and certainly not less (?) So, if you want to know endlessly more,
go to http://bugs.gnome.org/Reporting.html

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled mailing list...;)

G. R. Osgood