Re: [gimp-devel] Re: File > Save behavior

Tuomas Kuosmanen (tigert@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Alan wrote:
> >On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> >
> >> While on the subject of "File:Save", wouldn't it be nice to add
> >> "File:Save a Copy" also? (Like "Save As", but without changing the
> >> file name associated with the image.)
> >
> >Yes yes yes!  Something that automatically flattens an images (a la PS) so
> >that working on xcf files to be used as jpg|gif you don't need to flatten
> >image, save as jpg, undo flatten, save as .xcf...
>
> I usually duplicate when it is time to flatten and save the finished
> image. So the original pic stays intact. But I think the "always save" and
> "Save a copy" are both good ideas.

I'd like to point out, that there are scripts (from me :-) for doing this:
   http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/gimp/export-file.html

I have updated them slightly for Gimp 1.1.9, please tell me, if you
stumble across problems.

Maybe it is a good idea to include them in CVS?

Bye,
        Simon

--
      Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/