Re: File > Save behavior

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Alan wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>
>> While on the subject of "File:Save", wouldn't it be nice to add
>> "File:Save a Copy" also? (Like "Save As", but without changing the
>> file name associated with the image.)
>
>Yes yes yes!  Something that automatically flattens an images (a la PS) so
>that working on xcf files to be used as jpg|gif you don't need to flatten
>image, save as jpg, undo flatten, save as .xcf...

I usually duplicate when it is time to flatten and save the finished
image. So the original pic stays intact. But I think the "always save" and
"Save a copy" are both good ideas.

However, another issue comes out from this: anyone else noticed that gimp
sometimes forgets the filename after several image operations (cut&paste
seems to trigger it sometimes) - I have even got the image filename look
like something like "ª$®ØJ£®£$J¡£¿£°$¡-0" which usually is enough to make
you feel very uneasy about the data structure integrity inside gimp - I
usually restart promptly after that :) However, it sometimes just resets
back to Untitled-NN.

Tig