TIFF bug with GIMP??

I created a bunch of screenshots in the GIMP and saved them as compressed
TIFFs using the LZW compression.

I brought these over to my Mac where I was working on putting them into
another program. Checking to make sure things worked correctly, I opened
them up in a couple different graphics programs, one of which was
GraphicConverter.

Needless to say, GraphicConverter (and the other graphics programs I tried)
couldn't open the file, or it would just display as virtually all black and
some noise. I sent a note and a copy of one image off to the author and
received the following information back from him:

> I found the problem with the TIFF file.
> This is the first LZW compressed TIFF with FillOrder=2 (the Adobe TIFF specs
> do normally not allow this!).

Is this a bug? should the LZW compression be changed so that it conforms to
standard?

--
Carl B. Constantine
DuckWing