Suggested changes for GIMP documentation

All,
    Looking at the webpage at http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-introduction-whats-new.html, I would like to suggest the following changes (words or phrases between parenthesis):

2. What's New in GIMP 2.8?
GIMP 2.8 is another important release from a development point of view, even more that(than) it was for 2.6. It features a big change to the user interface(,) addressing one of the most(-) often received complaints: the lack of a single(-) window mode. Moreover(,) the integration effort of ( the )GEGL library had(has) taken a big step forward, reaching more than 90% of the GIMP core, a new powerful transformation tool, layer groups, new common options, new brushes, improved text tool, and more.

New single window mode

With this new feature(,) it will be possible to work with all the GIMP dialogs inside one big window, usually with the image(s) centered inside. No more floating panels or toolbox(,) but the dialogs could be arranged inside this single window. This mode could(can) be enabled or disabled (all the - change to at any) time, even while working, and the option (will be remembered through the - change to: is persistent across)  sessions.

I'm not entirely sure what the phrase "but the dialogs could be arranged inside this single window." means, so I won't make an attempt to change it for now, but it needs to be changed somehow so that I can better understand what is meant.

New file save workflow

Now Save and Save as work only with xcf formats. If you want to export(save) an image in another format, say jpg or png, you have to explicitly Export it. This enhances the workflow and lets you simply overwrite the original file(,) or export to various other formats.

A new tool: Cage Transform

With this new tool is now possible to create custom bending of a selection (by )just moving control points. This is the result of one of our Google Summer of Code 2010 students.

Improved Text Tool

The text tool has been enhanced to support on(-) canvas text writing(,) and make(s) possible changing the attributes of a single char(acter).

New layer groups

It is now possible to group (a )set of layers(,) and treat them like an entity. It is possible to switch a group on or off(,) and to move the group in the layers dialog. It is easy to add / remove existing layers to a group(,) or to create / delete a layer inside the group(,) and it is even possible to create embedded groups of groups. It is possible to apply a layer mode to a group as you do with a single layer. All this greatly improves the workflow with complex multilayer images(,) making them easier to manage.

Cairo porting

Started with GIMP version 2.6, all tools rendering on canvas is(are) now completely ported to [CAIRO]. It provides smooth antialiased graphics and improves GIMP look. Some plug-ins have been upgraded to Cairo as well. Additionally(,) all tools now use an on-canvas progress indicator instead of the one in the statusbar.

New script API
  • A lot of GIMP APIs have been rebuilt to simplify developing new scripts.

  • To further enhances(enhance) scripting abilities, API changes to support layer groups have been made

Known Problems

Working with graphics tablets could be problematic due to the GTK+2 library in use. (If in this case - If this happens, ) either use the older version 2.6 or wait for the up(-) coming version 3.0 for the full GTK+3 support.

I may be a little comma-happy, but I am trying to improve readability/comprehension.  If I have misunderstood the meaning you were trying to convey, please try re-wording the phrase again.

In reply to Alexandre Prokoudine, yes I misspelled grammar - I didn't notice in my rush to get the message out, and my spell checker didn't complain (or at least I didn't notice it complaining).  Mea culpa.

And let me say that whoever drafted this page has much better English skills than I have in any other language, so many thanks for your efforts.  :)

Roger