Re: Gimp Manual Roadmap proposal

Hi,

I am warry about to use Publican.

Publican prohibits to use <link linkend="...">WORD(S)</link> tag
then allows <xref linkend="..."/> tag only for internal hyperlink.
(xreflabel is also disallowed.)
http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/en-US/Publican/3.2/html/Users_Guide/appe-Users_Guide-Disallowed_elements_and_attributes.html

That means we need revise whole text so that each targeted section
has a <title>.  In much cases on our document, we use <link> with
verb/noun for representing an action, a filter, or a tool of GIMP
instead of using its title in the reference section.  To replace it
with <xref>, almost links may be reformed in 'see also' style,
because it cannot be replaced with other adjusted phrase for inline
context at referring text.

I presume some translators may unwelcome this restriction especially
for languages that have conjugation and/or declension, when <xref>
tag happens in the middle of text structure.

If this rule does not make any matters for you, Publican may be the
best choice.

Cheers,
-=-=-=-
RyoTa SimaMoto <liangtai.s16@xxxxxxxxx>