Re: some docs fixes

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:12:35PM +0100, Miroslav Åulc wrote:
> Dne 18.12.2010 08:22, Roman Joost napsal(a):
> > Hi Ulf,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:14:57PM +0100, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
> >> BTW: What do the official rules say?
> > As far as I know: Starting with uppercase, continuing with lowercase -
> > as usual. Although I have to admit, that I'm not 100% sure about that.
> > The English native speakers I've talked to weren't that sure either.
> > Perhaps it's about consistancy ...
> i have here some english written books and i think all of them use
> capitalization of headings ... but searching on net, people claim that
> it depends on the purpose of the heading and the depth of it. when
> looking at netbeans documentation, they use capitalization in headings
> too. so it looks like capitalization is the preffered style, at least
> where i looked. anyway, i think it's up to the docs team to specify this
> rule for english documentation, and once done, i can adjust the
> documentation to the rules when i find some time.
> > Cheers,
> miroslav

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization
http://jon.henshaw.me/rules-for-capitalization-in-a-title/

Please note that, as the main (and almost only) author of the italian
translation of the GIMP manual, I've always removed it (if found is an
error) as in italian is considered a bad habit and is not used at all
(pick any italian newspaper at random to see..).

--

Marco Ciampa