some docs fixes

hi,

i am reading gimp documentation to learn gimp as i am complete newbie
with gimp. as i am skilled with coding, i also decided to create some
patches that fix issues in the documentation like wording etc. as i am
newbie, i do not fix any content. i already put 5 patches on bugzilla
and have one tiny on disk yet and did not finish reading the
documentation yet.

there are three questions that i have:

1) as i did not follow gimp documentation project at all, i am not sure
if it is the right time to create these patches, i have no idea whether
there is an undergoing work elsewhere on preparing documentation for 2.8
release so my patches might not apply cleanly after these would be
pushed into the main repo or maybe it's somewhere else already fixed.

2) should i also make patches that "move" documentation toward 2.8
release, like changes in shortcuts etc?

3) there are some inconsistencies in capitalization of chapter titles. i
am really not sure whether i will find some time and will to fix this,
but if i find it, what are the rules? i noticed some titles do not use
capitalization of following words, but on the other hand, titles of
images are sometimes capitalized.

also, if that would be preferable for you, i am skilled enough to do
direct commits to the git repository, though my main scm that i use for
my daily work is mercurial (which is pretty similar to git). but i
suppose my help would be very limited as i am not skilled with gimp yet
and i do not plan to read the documentation indefinetly :-) though i
could probably help with extending the documentation while learning
using gimp, but it's just hobby for me and it depends on my limited free
time. anyway, i have no problem with putting patches on bugzilla, just
that i might save you some time by direct commits.

also, i have one issue with understanding of documentation, the section
about sample points. i was not able to make sample points work neither
in gimp 2.6 nor 2.7 though i think i did it right (ctrl+click on ruler).
anyone knows whether the documentation is correct and the feature does
not work in gimp or there is some other way to make it work?

anyway, i must say that gimp documentation is really good and it's
helping me to learn things that are not obvious to me from the gui and
to understand some areas of making images.

miroslav