Re: a new user perspective

Hi David,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 01:16:57PM +0000, David wrote:
> > Perhaps it would be a good idea to split up the documentation into two
> > books: the first would be a function reference and the second a more
> > helpful tutorial based manual.
>
> Sorry - but I don't understand what you mean by 'function reference'. The
> current 'function reference' section isn't - it contains menus, for example,
> which are not functions. It may be a language/translation problem...?
Sorry for the use of my technical term.

> What would you include if there was a book called 'function
> reference'? Would it be different to the existing section (which is
> misnamed in my view)?
The current manual is currently two types of books. Part I and II is a
descriptive manual with tutorials. It describes how to do "things" with
GIMP.

The Part which is currently labeled or mislabeled as a "function
reference" is a reference for almost every item you can find in GIMP.
Perhaps "User Interface Reference" or simply "GIMP Reference" is more
descriptive.

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost