tar ?

>On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:49:23 +0200 (CEST)
>"pjbw" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> >I have just installed GIMP 2.6.10 and downloaded the manual
>> >gimp-help-2.6.0-html-en.tar.bz2
>> >How do I use this? My Windows XP SP2 does not know about tar.
>>
>> I think I found the answer in the 'useless' thread. I unzipped
>> the .bz2 file and pasted its 'en' folder into ..\share\gimp\2.0\help\
>> but am now getting a "The Help browser is missing" with a "Use Web
>> Browser" button. Any suggestions?
>
>Maybe note http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html and in
>particular where it says;
>
>Note: GIMP 2.6 on Windows does not include the Help Browser plug-in,
>instead your web browser is used to display the help. You may need to
>go to GIMP's Preferences, click on "Help System" and select "Web
>browser" under "Help Browser".
>

>Owen
Thank you Owen. That got me started.
It is working perfectly with my default Firefox browser but I would like it to
work in Internet Explorer on my secondary monitor.
The Help system says 'If you selected "Web browser", you must decide here
which browser to use, and how to invoke it, by entering the command that will
be used to run the browser.'
Can this be done for Windows XP Pro? If so, how?

--
pjbw (via www.gimpusers.com)