Re: GIMP is useless without a usable installable help.

On 6/14/10, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:

>> Huh? As far as I know, the help is installable on Windows and works fine.
>>
> Yes, but unlike most Windows applications, you have to do the
> installation yourself.

Unlike most Windows applications full size of GIMP Help installer is
far over 100MB, and Windows applications like GIMP are anyway usually
sold in boxes on CDs or DVDs.

This has already been discussed in gimp-developer@. One of the
solutions is to create such an installer of GIMP that will ask what
help package(s) a user needs, download it/them and install.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org